Friday, March 20, 2009

Into the Woods, an exhibit of Greta James' portraits of Nature Spirits

Lancaster-based artist Greta James will exhibit her work for the first time locally at Radiance! We will host an artist reception for Lancaster’s First Friday, April 3rd, and will also be open for Spring Artwalk, April 18 & 19. The exhibit will hang in our gallery through the end of May.

Greta James lives in a magical tree house in the enchanted woods of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Here in her woodland garden, she paints portraits of Nature Spirits and shares their messages with those that would like to hear. Her work has been published nationally and internationally by Harper Collins, and Ilex Press, and she has been named Artist of the Year, by veteran Faerie Artists Brian and Wendy Froud.

“My inspiration comes from nature, myth and fairytale. Each one of my paintings is a meditation for me. I find that when I spend time in nature, that there are beautiful messages all around me showing me how to live and bringing me back to center. I hope my paintings serve as reminders of our connectedness to earth, and the wonderful way that nature communicates with us.”

No comments: