Monday, November 2, 2009

She Is, First of All, Earth


We first met Sophia Shultz a year ago, and became enamoured of her work. You may have seen several of her prints hanging in the shop at Radiance. We are truly excited to be hosting a show of her work in our classroom/gallery for the months of November and December. Stop in anytime before the end of 2009 to see the works, and come to a reception to meet Sophia on Friday, November 6. She'll be here from 5 until 8pm.

Sophia says about her work, "Rich with intense color and emotional texture, my work reaches far beyond mere illustration and portraiture, exploring the realm of my subjects’ very natures. My paintings embody the whole of my personal philosophy, from my ability to see the essence of minerals to my deep connection with the gods themselves."

This show includes a collection of portraits of goddesses and gods, woven through with paintings of stones and gems.

No comments: