Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When the Women Are Drummers

Early this winter, I started talking to Yasmin about my desire to offer frame drumming classes at Radiance, and asked her if she would consider teaching them.  She asked me, "What do you want?"  My answer surprised us both.  I said, "I want to drum with ancient priestesses of the Goddess."  Here, then, is the offering...


Come to me here from Crete,
 
To this holy temple, where 
Your lovely apple grove stands,
 And your altars that flicker
 With incense.
 Sappho

When the Women Are Drummers
Frame drum class for women interested in reclaiming their role as central rhythm-makers, movers and shakers of our time!


6-7:30pm on the nights of Full Moons in during the Spring of 2012


Friday, 4/6.
Saturday, 5/5.
Monday, 6/4

Women of all skill levels are welcome to join Yasmin for this frame drum experience.  If there is sufficient interest, this may become an ongoing Full Moon class!

Bring your frame drum if you have one, a limited number of drums will be available at each class. 

$45 for the three-class series, $2 per class for drum rental.  To register, stop in to Radiance, 9 W Grant St., Lancaster, PA, or call us at 717-290-1517

No comments: